Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Training Day 9 - Less Loaf, More Sweat

I feel almost like I did back-to-back runs!  Last night's workout was so late & I got to it again early this morning, so I don't feel like I got much of a break!  And while I dislike night runs, it's not as easy to workout when I have a kid next to me.  Luckily the boy was sleeping, so I only had the girl to contend with.  She's pretty good about it all things considered, but it's difficult to focus on the workout when I have to keep checking in on her or reminding her not to try to take guitars off their stands by herself. 

Today was the last day of the 1:30 & 3:00 runs.  I've looked ahead & the intensity is about to pick up a bit!  I'm not gonna lie - I'm a little bit scared, especially since I've been pushing those 4:00 runs at the end of these segments.  Today in particular I struggled with the 4:00, so I'm not so sure how the 5:00 is going to go tomorrow.  The good thing is that since it's a holiday (4th of July), Wifey is home & will be able to keep watch over the kids so I can focus.

Other than being tired, I feel pretty good!  I feel like I have a little extra oomph in my day to day life.  Nothing overly dramatic, but I'm getting winded a little less often and I don't feel "loafy" too often anymore either.  One odd thing is that the further along I get, the more sweat seems to pour off of me.  I thought it might decrease as I conditioned my body, but it seems like the opposite is happening.  Of the three days of running 1:30 & 3:00, today was the worst and I thought that the first of them would be.  I guess by the end of this I'll just be a fountain.  Eww.

No comments:

Post a Comment