Friday, July 13, 2012

Training Day 13

Holy crap!

I was going to just leave it at that, but I figured I should elaborate.

So, Tuesday was my forced day off and Wednesday was supposed to be back on again.  However, because I like to keep myself crazy busy (let's face it, I was inside all day on Tuesday, that's about as much of inside as I can handle!), I was out all day on Wednesday & Thursday (today) was Wifey's birthday.  I don't really know when or why I started referring to her as Wifey, but we're just gonna go with it.

Anyway, I never got to my run on Wednesday & was actually starting to feel guilty about it.  Weird.  My sister told me it's runner's guilt and to expect more of it.  So I had originally intended on running in the morning today, but things got too crazy here, so after a long day of running around & fun on the boardwalk, I headed down to the basement at 9pm to do my run.

Tonight's regime was 5:00 Running & 3:00 Walking.  Repeat for a total of 3 Runs.  I was nervous since 5:00 was the longest I have yet to run for, and it's also been 2 full days off, with the last workout being a total failure, but I was also looking forward to it.  I felt like I would be able to handle it and it also seemed like I was making some kind of progress.  The first two sets went pretty well - I felt good, strong & prepared for them.  The third set I wanted to see if I could go for longer - either 7:00 or 8:00, but I only made it to 6:00 and it was a major struggle, but I got through it.  And boy am I glad that I pushed that extra minute out!!

At the end of the program for the day, the app sets up the next workout for you so that when you go back to it, you're right where you need to be.  I usually look at the next day and it has always been the same routine for 3 days in a row, but this is the first time it's different!  Instead of doing three sets of 5:00 runs, I will be doing two sets of 8:00 runs.  And then the day after that I'm supposed to run for 20:00!!  I can't believe that!!  You're going to take me right from 8:00 to 20:00?!  You're not going to throw me a 10:00 or a 12:00, just gonna go right to 20:00??!!  But then it goes back to 5:00's and then 8:00's and then 20:00's again.  The good thing is that in the next 2 weeks or so I'll be able to work on my speed a little bit because it just goes to 25 & 30 minute runs every time.  This makes me feel much better about being prepared for the actual race.  But I am a bit concerned about the 20:00 run on Saturday...THIS Saturday.  As in, two days from now.  My plan now has been to run Thursday, Friday & Saturday, take Sunday off, and then back to my normal routine so that I can make up for lost time.  We'll have to see how things go and if I need to take Monday off as well. 

But I know I can't get ahead of myself with this.  I can't get too caught up in the giant jumps this program is making me do.  There is a reason for it, and I will do it and when I do I will be happy with myself  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment