Sunday, July 15, 2012

Training Day 15 - Twenty Minutes!!!

I ran for twenty minutes.  I  ran for twenty minutes.  I ran for twenty minutes.  I ran for twenty minutes I ran for TWENTY MINUTES!!!

In case you can't tell. I'm a little proud of myself.

I was excited to get to this run.  I feel good about actually calling this a RUN.  Up until now I have felt the need to refer to what I am doing as "workouts" or "sessions", simply because there wasn't a lot of running going on.  But today's "session" was totally a run.  And I did great!  I went into it with a positive attitude, thinking that I'd be able to handle it, even though a part of me was still a little unsure of how I would actually do.  But I assured myself that I have been doing this for over 2 weeks now so I've got to be ready for this.  And I was :)

I ran 1.7 miles in 20 minutes.  I have no idea how fast that is or if it's good or competitive or whatever, but I don't care.  I ran over a mile and a half, something I never thought I would do because I never thought I'd be physically capable of doing it.  I am absolutely giddy about it.  It's funny where my mind wandered when it got difficult and I still had a significant amount of time left.  I'm interested to see where else I will go as the runs get longer & more intense.  

The program I have has me going back to running 5's & 8's again and then 25 minutes.  I'm a little upset to take the step backwards, but I guess they're doing it for a reason, so I'm just going to stick with it.  Once it goes to just running for 25+ minutes, I might just go for distance at that point and ignore the time, only to see how I'm doing.  We'll see how everything goes.

I'm going to take the next 2 days off and attempt to get myself back to a normal running schedule again.  Hopefully this upcoming week will be the last scattered one!

No comments:

Post a Comment