Thursday, July 19, 2012

Training Day 16 - Another Falter

Bleh.  Another bad running day.  And this was supposed to be the EASY one!  Run 5 minutes, Walk 3, Run 8, walk 3, Run 5.  I got through the first 5 and the 8, but during the second 5 my vision started to go again.  Grrr.

I know what the problems were this time though. 
1.  It was a Monday.  That alone is enough to make anything suck.  But in all seriousness, I woke up feeling exhausted & drained.
2.  I definitely didn't have enough to eat.  I was only able to eat half of my breakfast, I accidentally skipped lunch for myself, and I didn't have enough to eat for dinner, let alone enough to try to make up for what I had already missed.  It was just such a crazy busy day and there wasn't enough time. 
3.  It was 9:30 at night before I was able to run, so I was absolutely exhausted and running on fumes.  I am definitely learning that I have to get my runs in as early in the day as possible, and I have to eat much better than I have been or else this happens to me.

So I completed most of the workout, but not all of it, which bothers me.  I don't like to leave loose ends laying around.  Meh.  So I took Tuesday off as well, just to make sure I could recoup.  Hopefully this will be the last time this happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment