Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Training Day 8 - Another Night Run

Yesterday I knew I had a busy day ahead of me, so I planned from the beginning to get my workout done in the evening.  I've already said I'm not a big fan of nighttime workouts, and this confirmed it.  It was 8:30 by the time I could get away to the basement and I was exhausted from a day of traveling, sun & swimming.  But I knew I had to put in the time because this week is going to be hectic.  Not only is there a holiday mixed in, but we're heading up to New York for a few days for my cousin's wedding.  I'm hoping to be able to get some outside running in while we are gone since the hotel we're staying at has a track, but we'll see if the weather holds out.

Same workout as last time, alternating between 1:30 runs & walks & 3:00 runs & walks.  Again, at the end, I did a 4:00 run so that I wasn't walking for 8 straight minutes.  This night though, I was exhausted so it really took its toll on me.  I was not invigorated at the end of this workout like I have been.  I was just sweaty & tired. But I have to say, it's nice to workout in complete silence, without anyone to have to keep track of.  Wifey was home so she watched the kids & I had the basement all to myself.

Hopefully things will get more interesting soon as we pick up the pace!

No comments:

Post a Comment