Sunday, September 9, 2012

Time to Buckle Down!

I felt pretty good going into yesterday's run.  I knew my distance wouldn't be wonderful but I planned on working on speed too so I was OK with it. 

I ran my first mile in 11:15, and kept running for another 3/4 mile.  As I felt myself giving out, somewhere around 1.6 miles, I pushed it pretty far with the speed and ran at a 9 for 0.15 miles.  It might not sound like a lot, but I felt it!  I went to a walk for a little bit but then pushed the speed really hard for as long as I could take it.  There were a few times I had to jump onto the sides of the treadmill (something I never do because I'm not coordinated enough!) because I was struggling so much I couldn't even push the speed button to slow myself down!  I kept up with this until I hit 2.75 miles and then walked it out to 3.

My goal for Sunday is to try to run the full 3.1 miles and then call it a day.  If I have it in me when I'm done to work on speed as well, I'll give it a whirl, but I don't want to overdo it.  I'm only taking Monday off and then I'm in it Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday.  Thursday I will take it easy, and maybe work on the speed more than distance, and then Friday is my rest day before the race on Saturday!  It's still a week away, but I am nervous that I will not be back up to snuff by then and I'm kicking myself for letting me get this far off track.  Ugh.  But no sense in dwelling, the only thing I can do now is work hard and do the best I can.  I know I am capable of it it's just a matter of getting myself there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment