Tuesday, September 11, 2012

32:06 and a Foam Roller

OK, so I have a new fastest time!!  Oh yeah!  And I wasn't so sure tonight would go well, ha!  It was 9:30 before I could even think about heading downstairs and I was already exhausted from a busy day.  As I was putting on my running clothes I questioned for a second whether I should bother so late or not, but I knew I would kick myself if I didn't.  I scanned through the TV and found some Big Bang Theory (always good to run to!) and tried to ignore the glowing red panel in front of me. 

I hit 1 mile at 10:32, pretty happy about that!  I stayed at a 5.7 for most of the run and towards the end I kicked it up to a 6 and eventually a 6.5.  So I am getting faster.  I'm hoping I have more energy tomorrow so that after the 3.1 miles I can get some more sprinting in because I know I have to take it easy on Thursday.

My new Gold's Gym (c) Foam Roller.
Of course it is blue.
Part of my busy day today was scouring the stores that I have gift cards to in search of a foam roller, which has been recommended to me by many people.  As much as I loathe Wal-Mart, I had a gift card for there and braved the crazy for the greater good of my glutes.  I was surprised by how much larger it was than I had pictured!  In my head, these things were more like the noodles you use in a pool than the solid thing it really is!  Of course since it was Wal-Mart, there was only one selection and it was the very last one as well, so I went with it.  Lucky for me it was blue and it was (free) $16.

During the run tonight my right hip flexor and glute again were screaming at me.  Not as badly as Sunday's run, but enough for me to want to do something about it.  I had looked up some exercises online and the roller came with some as well, so I knew what I needed to do. Oh my God, why haven't I heard of these things before?!  Best way to work out a muscle kink EVER!!  (Sorry wifey, but your hands wear out.  This doesn't, lol.)  Just a few minutes and the soreness was pretty much gone!  I do feel it a tad when I walk around, but nothing like what it was.  So thank you to everyone who recommended I get this!

So that was my exciting night!  Hopefully we have a good run tomorrow as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment