Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Back to the Treadmill

In the midst of the craziness and overnight guests I found some time to hit the treadmill yesterday afternoon.  While I definitely enjoyed running outside, I welcomed the treadmill with open arms because I love being able to see how far and how fast I am running.  So while the boy slept I brought the girl downstairs with me and got right down to it. 

I was still feeling my cold pretty bad so I wasn't feeling up to doing too much, so I only ran for about 2.5 miles in total with a time of 28 minutes.  I started off at a 6 and worked up to a 7 and at times hit a 7.5, but I kept having to drop to a walk because of the coughing fits that the running brought on. 

Not thrilled with my time or my distance, but my lungs just aren't up to it.  So I'm taking today off and hopefully Wednesday will lend itself to a better performance.

That's all I got for now.  Time for some hot tea and getting the little ones to bed!

2 comments:

  1. give those lungs a break - remember the general rule of running while sick - anything above the neck (congestion, headache, etc) ok, anything below (lungs, body aches, fever) take a rest!

    ReplyDelete