Friday, August 31, 2012

Volunteering & Pre-Race Jitters!

Today I did my volunteering for the NJ Color Run so that I can run in the race tomorrow!  I helped with the packet pick-up and assigning times for people to start the race.  I had a great group of people to work with, and it was a really fun day.  The runners are just as colorful as the participants and I got to interact with all kinds of people today which is always fantastic for me.

But on my way home tonight it hit me that the run is TOMORROW (!!!) and I haven't run since Tuesday!!  The week had totally gotten away from me between visits to farms & friends' houses, football games, laundry & cleaning, and here it is, Friday and I have no idea how I'll do tomorrow and so I start to panic! 

Then I rationalized that I will run for a little while tonight.  Maybe a mile and a half, just to get a workout in but not the whole 3.1 so that I'm not worn out.  OK, I was OK with that.  I had a plan, that made me feel better.

Since this run is not far from my mom's house, I will be once again staying over there tonight with the little guy, and the rest of the fam will join us tomorrow for some fun in Grandma's pool.  But now I'm starting to run out of time!  I had to cook dinner, I still have to pack everything for everyone, get my gear in order, make sure I have enough food for everyone, get everyone's swim gear in order, and now get a run in as well and still make the hour drive to my mom's with enough time to get a good night's sleep before I have to wake up!!  AaaaahhhhHHHHH!!!  I'm starting to freak out!!

(Naturally, the smart thing to do is blog about it instead of get my ass in gear.)

I'm sure all will work itself out and I just need to breathe.  Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment