Thursday, August 9, 2012

Training Day 27 - Program Complete!

This is the face of happiness after completing my 2nd 5K


So I did it!  I made it to the end, though I am by no means finished.  I am at the end of the Couch to 5K training program, but my journey is just beginning.  I still have my Color Run on the 25th in NYC and I am attempting to plan another run for sometime in September.  After that, who knows?  

But I'm not going to stop.  I've worked too hard and made so much progress in such a short time!!  I started this project on June 20th - That was 7 weeks ago yesterday.  7 WEEKS!!  In 7 weeks I was able to condition my body from a lazy sack of potatoes who never ran anything in her life, to someone who is capable of running a 5K.  Who knows what else I can do?!  

Today's run went really well.  I felt good through its entirety.  My plan of attack was to break it down into 10 minute sessions, at least for the first 30 minutes.  For the first 6:00 of each session I was going to run at a 5.3, then from 6:00-9:00 at a 5.5, and the last minute at a 5.7 and keep it there for as long as I felt OK with no great expectations.  It worked beautifully.  As soon as I felt it becoming too hard, I slowed back down to my 5.3 comfort zone to avoid pooping out before I made it to 3.1 miles.  After 30 minutes, I was only at about 2.7 miles so I kept at it.  I was hoping to make at least my last time of 34:58 and I beat it.  My final time was 34:36.  Hopefully it just gets better from here - and I NEED to get outside!!

Hopefully you'll stick with me through the rest of this, whatever it may be - my two readers, haha!  Thank you for your support through this, it really has meant a lot :)


3 comments:

  1. Hey! Make that 3!!! I've read every post, and am inspired by your drive and dedication! Keep up the excellent work and keep your adoring fans up to date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reader is SO proud of you!!! Congrats!! You are going to love the color run and I really think you are going to enjoy this new facet of your life. Once running starts to feel like second nature, you will be amazed how much it does for stress control, making you feel grateful for your life and feeling just sheer joy for life. I cannot wait til the day we run together!

    ReplyDelete