Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Day of Resting my Lead Calves

Today as I walk around my house I am noticing that my calf muscles are feeling pretty tight.  Not sore, tight.  I'm making sure that I stretch my legs out after each run while I'm still warm, but maybe I'm not doing enough?  Or maybe this is completely normal?

I've had sore/tight calves before.  We've all been to Disney World, we all know what I'm talking about.  It's Day 3 of the parks and it's only 9am and you feel like your calves are giant bowling balls hanging off of the backs of your legs.  It hurts to take any kind of step forward and you wonder how you're supposed to make it to the next ride, let alone a whole day of walking!  But this isn't like that.  There is no pain, no soreness at all really.  It just feels tight or heavy, like something is latched on back there, and the muscles are firm to the touch as well, but again are not sore to the touch as a long day of walking would turn out.

Maybe I just did a lot yesterday?  After my workout I took the kiddos to the boardwalk again and we did a fair amount of walking between the boardwalk itself, far away parking, and stopping for potty breaks, which of course are at the complete opposite end of where we were settling.  And then it was up & down the basement stairs for laundry.  None of these things are exceptional, and all of which I am used to on a fairly constant basis.  But maybe doing all of them in one day was a lot?

I don't know.  No pain or soreness, for that I am thankful :)  Let's see what happens in tomorrow's workout!  But for today, it's relaxing by the pool.  Well, as relaxing as keeping after a 1 year old and a 3 year old by a pool can be, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment