Monday, July 1, 2013

Pure Cardio Hell & 5K Prep

OK, so this Insanity Workout is just that...INSANE!  You are supposed to do one of their workouts every day of the week except for one.  One day off, that's all you get.  There is an "easy" day - easy on the cardio, but you're still working your muscles with yoga poses and stretches.  After 4 straight days of this my muscles were still aching and my body was screaming for a break.  So I took a day off yesterday to let my poor quads recover and it was just what I needed.

I woke up still a little sore this morning but feeling much better so I went right back into the workout schedule.  Today's workout was called "Pure Cardio" and it was pure hell.  I needed to take a break during the warm-up session, and about halfway through the actual workout I threw-up.  So I am happy I decided not to eat until AFTER the workout, lol.  But in all seriousness, I knew this was going to be hard, I just didn't expect it to be like this.  It does make me feel a little better to see that the people in the video have to take breaks too...and they seem to be in pretty good shape so it helps that I don't feel so ridiculous.

Map of the Milltown Firecracker 5K.  *Note the hills*
Today I also officially registered for a 5K on the 4th of July.  Which is 3 days away.  And I haven't run since April.  I am hoping to get a run in tonight, just to see where I am at & how far I can go.  And if I am not happy with it I will run again tomorrow.  No matter what though, Wednesday I am taking off - from everything - because I want my body to rest before the race.

I don't expect much as far as time goes for this race, and there are a few hills which I am not used to at all.  Honestly, I'll be happy to finish all 3.1 miles running.  Secondary goal is to keep it under 32 minutes, which is long for me for a 5K but all things considered, I don't want to set myself up for disappointment.  Seriously, I'll settle for simply finishing without walking, regardless of time.  Hopefully I'll be better prepared for the next race & then I can continue to knock out some of my other running goals for the year.  Speaking of which, one of those goals was to run with Kristin and now I will accomplish that on Thursday.  Yay!!  It's only taking me 7 months to accomplish ONE thing on my goal list, but hey - it's progress, right??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment