Saturday, January 7, 2017

Run 2017 Challenge

By now we all know that I'm the world's worst runner.  Well, according to my awesome tank top I'm actually the world's okayest runner.  But I am the worst with consistency and schedules.  Too often I get too busy to get a run in, or I get sick, or there's some kind of excuse to not get up and run.  I am the queen of waking up and running a 5K on race day with zero prep because it all just crept up on me.

So.  As inspiration to run more this year (and drop the 10 lbs I've gained back since September!  Yikes!) I joined the Run 2017 Challenge with my friend KA.  We will be running/walking 2017 miles in the year 2017.  Whether or not it's split between the two of us or done individually will all depend on how much we are actually able to get in on our own.  It's a lot, and it seems daunting, but I'm hoping for the best.

Today was the first run of the year, so I'm SUPER behind already.  Yikes!!  I ran 2 straight miles and then ran/walked to a little more than 3 to finish out a show I was watching on Netflix.  So far, my miles walked/ran for the year (because let's face it - it's all walking so far since today was the first I ran) are 24.4 miles.  I need to have 38.78 for the week if I am to hit 2017 on my own, and only 19.39 to carry my part of the team.  So I'm somewhere in the middle, lol.  I'm sure as the days and weeks go on I'll come up with some sort of a routine for this.  And I've agreed to do a bunch of 5K races with my friend LM throughout the year so that will help too.

Can't wait to see if we do it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment