Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Running In The Near Future Perhaps?

Well I'm definitely feeling better now, thank God!  It took a while but I am finally able to exert myself a little more and not feel like I am struggling to breathe.  And by "exert myself a little more" I mean drag the kids shopping and running my normal 5,000 errands a day with them in tow.  I can carry heavier things without wanting to die, and I'm carrying things up & down the basement stairs with relative ease, and I'm off of all of my medications.  So this is all good news.

But the big question is:  Am I recovered enough to run?

I will find out either tomorrow or Thursday.  Wifey's travel schedule is all over the pace this week & she's actually going to be in WA over the weekend.  So if I'm going to try to get a run in, it has to be while she's home and that only leaves tomorrow & Thursday.

I plan on taking it easy to see where I'm at.  I'm thinking a slow mile is a good place to start and if it goes well tomorrow I might go for 2 on Thursday, but we will see.  I don't want to overdo it too soon, and I'm learning that it's really easy to do that.  I was feeling pretty good and we went to visit a friend of mine over this past weekend and she has a huge in-ground pool that we were enjoying.  I swear, I felt like a kid again!  I was jumping in & out, I tried to dive, I think I even did a flip into the pool - things I probably haven't done since I was about 12!  And I felt good in the beginning but I started to feel the strain in my lungs after a while so I backed off.

So keep your fingers crossed that this goes well - The Color Run is at the end of this month & I REALLY want to be in shape for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment