Monday, April 16, 2018

That's A Little Better

It seems I made a silly mistake yesterday...I didn't stretch after!! 😱  I thought that since it was only 1 mile I'd be fine.  Well, since I haven't really done any running at all since December, that wasn't the case.  At all.  Even my ribs are sore today 😩  But I know the best way to get rid of that is to push through it, run again, and STRETCH after!  And so I did.  I'm still stretching as I write this, LOL.

I think I was a little hesitant to push myself yesterday since it was the first run in a long while so I went a little bit faster today.  It's still not a great time, but I don't know if I could have held out at that speed for much longer anyway.  I gradually increased from 5 up to a 7 by the end.  It's not great, but it's definitely better - I did 1 mile in 11 minutes.

I've still got about 3 weeks to get up to snuff and I'm not sure what the best plan is as far as what to work on first/more...speed or distance.  I know I have to flip flop with that so we will see what I come up with.

Ugh.  I hate running so much.


1 comment:

  1. I have read all the comments and suggestions posted by the visitors for this article are very fine,We will wait for your next article so only.Thanks! Half marathon training schedule

    ReplyDelete