Monday, March 30, 2015

Here I Go Again...(on my own?)...

Well, running season is upon us.  "Real" runners will argue that there is no season, that running happens year-round, regardless of weather, etc.  But we all know that I'm not a "real" runner.  In fact, I've actually been a pretty crappy runner the past few years.

When I first started and really got into it & found my stride, I was pretty decent.  Running about 10-12 miles a week, holding a not horrible time of about 29-ish minutes for a 5K.  But these days, I have been tending to run twice a year, in races only, with little to no prep time.  And 5K's have been taking me 35-40 minutes.  So I want to fix that.  Plus running will help me drop these last 5 pounds that I can't seem to shake.

In true Bel fashion, I have signed myself up for a 5K at the end of April, and I haven't run at all since I think July of 2014.  So, yeah.  But I have a few weeks to do some conditioning, so I am hopeful that I might be able to set some goals for this race other than to just finish it or just run the entire thing.  The only thing that would stop me is that Wifey is doing this with me (and we will probably have both kids in tow) so we may end up making this a walk, especially since it's a fun run/walk type event and nothing will even be officially timed.  BUT, I want to know that I COULD HAVE run it.  And knowing me, I will probably make sure I do a run that weekend to try to get an estimated time for myself anyway.

So, with the first race of the season on the books, here goes nothing!!

1 comment: