Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A Slow Start But Getting Back Into The Swing Of It

Well, the good thing is that I can say that I ran a mile.  It was in 10:53, which isn't great, but all things considered I'll take it.  This was a hard mile.

I felt great at first - I started off slow.  Like, really slow.  Like at a 5 slow.  I got bored of that real fast and gradually increased my speed just to make sure my lungs could handle it.  At 5.7 was where I started to feel it.  And not the, "Oh, I'm out of shape & this hurts" feel it but the, "Something is wrong with my lungs and this doesn't feel right" feel it.  I did push to a 6 for about a bit but that was definitely too much for right now so I had to slow back down, but I did finish and I ran the complete mile.

I have a lot of work ahead of me and to be honest, I'm not sure what the right course is.  Do I go for further tomorrow?  Do I do just another mile?  Do I not run at all?  I will probably run again if time allows for it, and I guess I'll see how another mile feels and go from there.  My lungs are definitely not 100% yet so I don't want to overdo it but I also don't want to not do anything either.  Clearly I can handle some activity so I guess we'll see what happens.

Wish me luck!  Have any of you been through this & know what the right way to get back into it is?  (you know, both of you who read this, LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment