Tuesday, July 2, 2013

One Year Running Anniversary & Last Run Until Race Day!!!

My little man wasn't feeling so hot this morning and he took a nap pretty early so I decided to take advantage of it and went for a run in the basement.

My goal today was to hit 3 (or 3.1) miles.  I did not accomplish that, but I was a bit faster than yesterday.  I made it 2.25 miles in 21:42.  That's not great, but I feel better about those numbers.  I am still very worried about how I will do on Thursday and am afraid I won't finish without walking.  But I've prepped as much as one can in 3 days & what will be will be! 

I am definitely taking tomorrow off from working out completely.  After 2 days of running, I'm starting to feel it in my hip flexors again - apparently this is just my running sore spot.  Some people have bad knees, some people get tight hamstrings, apparently I do something to my flexors.  I felt none of this with the Insanity workouts but woke up this morning with some soreness in my hips.  So I grabbed the foam roller immediately after my run and then stretched, stretched, stretched.  I will probably stretch & roll tomorrow just to keep everything loose, but that's it.

Funny - Insanity takes more out of me and I hurt over more of my body but I was able to do that 4 days in a row without a break.  Running is "easier", I feel it less all over, but when I do hurt it is a bigger pain and I can't do it as many consecutive days in a row.  Interesting.

I have no idea what to expect for Thursday but it does feel great to be back in the game again, even if I'm not 100% ready.  One year of this has taught me not to stress too much and just go for it so I'm hoping that will hold true for me this time too.  Can you believe that?!  June 20th marked one full year since I first stepped foot on the treadmill & began this crazy journey!!  I actually didn't even realize it until I checked the date while writing this blog entry.  Amazing.  I feel like I made more progress in those first few months than I have in the last 9!  I am still amazed that I am able to run at all but hopefully I'll make more progress this year.  Here's to many more years of running in my future!

No comments:

Post a Comment